Boyd Gaming Corp., diversified operator of 24 gaming entertainment properties in seven states, recently upgraded and relaunched its B Connected loyalty club program, offering new rewards, discounts and benefits, quicker advancement through the lowest tiers and new top-level tiers.
By making it easier to move through the first couple of tiers, the program encourages B Connected members to increase their gaming to achieve the next level.
“We literally saw tens of thousands of players move up from ruby to sapphire when the current point balances carried over into customer’s new B Connected accounts …”
The relaunched program has five tiers, each with its own color-coded card:
- Ruby (up to 749 tier credits): Members at this level receive discounts on hotel stays, buffets, and retail purchases, special offers based on play and savings with exclusive partners.
- Sapphire (750-14,999): Members at this level receive points redeemable for food and FastPlay and two free nights at Baha Mar in the Bahamas. The sapphire level previously started at 25,000 tier credits.
- Emerald (15,000-49,999): All of the above benefits as well as select complimentary sailings on Holland America Line cruises and stays in Las Vegas, Nevada, or at Baha Mar in the Bahamas and select on-property VIP amenities and services. The emerald level previously started at 250,000 tier credits.
- Onyx (new, 50,000-199,999): The benefits of the previous tiers plus select complimentary sailings on Holland America Line cruise in an ocean view stateroom, an annual luxury gift, plus select on-property VIP amenities.
- Titanium, (new, 200,000 and above): Members earn same benefits as the previous tiers as an all-inclusive trip to Honolulu, Hawaii; Titanium members can choose from a selection of ultra-exclusive B Memorable Experiences or an extraordinary annual gift.
Among other benefits for B Connected members are access to annual Boyd contests and promotions, including Pick the Pros and Trees of Hope, as well as discounts with program partners, including Advantage Rent A Car.
According to Northwest Indiana Times, the newly introduced experiences, such as the cruises and vacations, were critical in enhancing the competitiveness of the Boyd Gaming program, said David Strow, the company’s director of corporate communications.
“We literally saw tens of thousands of players move up from ruby to sapphire when the current point balances carried over into customer’s new B Connected accounts following the transition,” Strow told the NWI Times.
“With the all-new B Connected, we sought to create a player loyalty program that is truly distinctive and compelling,” said Matt Ryan, Boyd Gaming senior vice president and chief marketing officer, in a prepared statement. “In addition to the wide array of discounts, comps and benefits our customers have come to expect, we’ve added an incredible selection of trips and unique experiences to appropriately recognize and reward our loyal players.”
In an attempt to garner quick adoption, Boyd offered B Connected members ways to earn extra benefits during the first month of the program. While most of the promotions expired the first week of September; one that continues through the end of the month is an offer for Ruby level members to earn double credits when they play slots and table games. New members will also get a sign-up bonus when playing slots and table games.
Phil Britt is a reporter for The Wise Marketer.