The Wise Marketer continues its Executive Spotlight Series with Robert (Bob) Jewell, President and Chief Revenue Officer of Exchange Solutions. Bob has a foundation in technology and data management, bolstered by deep experience in complex selling environments.
Bob was working with IBM when Watson, the natural language computer system initially developed to answer questions on the quiz show Jeopardy, was brought to market so he was intensely familiar with the concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence long before the terms became familiar parlance to marketers.
Bob brought this experience to Exchange Solutions and has played an instrumental role in the company’s growth over the past decade.
The interview starts with a “View from the top” (1:36) and we quickly progress to land on some memorable points of view from Bob.
For easy viewing, here is a list of key areas of the discussion:
- 5:29 – “You have to be loyal to create Loyalty”
- 8:42 – Saying No is just as important as saying Yes
- 9:42 – The importance of partnerships
- 14:03 – Managing in turbulent times
- 17:43 – Advice for marketers to drive customer engagement
- 20:07 – New perspectives on driving value from customer data
- 20:57 – What marketers need to hear today to enjoy greater success
- 23:27 – Are brands serious about becoming customer centric?
- 25:20 – Should you choose the perfect plan or perfect execution?
It’s always a pleasure to spend time with people who have vast experience and great perspective. Bob Jewell is one of those people and there is a lot to take away from this conversation.
Listen to the entire interview and you’ll even learn how Bob became a Peloton fan.