Aeroplan unveils 'miles maximizer' for winter
Aeroplan's financial cards and travel partners have teamed up to launch the biggest bonus mileage offer in the programme's history, offering members more than 4 miles per dollar spent when using eligible CIBC or American Express Aeroplan affiliated payment cards for purchases with participating partner companies.
The Mile Maximizer promotion will run until 20th December 2009, and participating companies through which bonus points can be earned include AirCanada.com, Avis, Delta Hotels & Resorts, and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Aeroplan members will be able to use the Mile Maximizer offer to earn thousands of Aeroplan Miles for any trip when they use their Aeroplan Reward Card and pay for the following purchases with an eligible Aeroplan-affiliated payment card:
- Flights: Earn 2 times the miles on AirCanada.com when purchasing an Air Canada flight within North America;
- Car rentals: Earn 2 times the miles for Avis rentals;
- Hotel stays: Earn 2 times the miles with Delta Hotels & Resorts, and with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts;
- CIBC payments: Earn 2 times the miles when a CIBC Aerogold Visa Card or CIBC Aerogold Visa Infinite Card is used to pay for eligible Air Canada, Avis, Delta Hotels & Resorts and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts purchases;
- American Express payments: Earn 1 bonus mile for every Can$1 charged to an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card, American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Card or American Express AeroplanPlus Card for all eligible Air Canada, Avis, Delta Hotels & Resorts and Fairmont Hotels & Resorts purchases.
For example, if a member purchases a flight for Can$1,000 on AirCanada.com, using an Aeroplan-affiliated payment card, and also books a two day hotel stay with Delta Hotels & Resorts, plus an airport car rental for three days from Avis, they could earn more than 7,000 Aeroplan Miles in total (more than 4 miles for every Can$1 spent).
According to Craig Landry, senior vice president of partnerships and rewards for Aeroplan, "This is a good example of the value of a coalition loyalty programme that encourages members to play the game by making it even more rewarding to do business with partners."
Aeroplan and its partner companies are announcing the offer directly to members and customers through their own communication channels, in addition to reaching a wider audience with a mass advertising campaign that includes print, radio, internet and airport advertising. Aeroplan has a network of over 70 partners representing more than 150 brands in the financial, retail, and travel sectors.