Last updated on May 24th, 2018
- What information do we collect about you?
- How do we use the information that we collect about you?
- What are cookies? How does our using them impact you?
- Do we share the information that we collect about you?
- Is the information that we collect kept safe and how is it stored?
- Are you going to use my information for marketing to me?
- Can I correct or review my personal information?
- Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Our Event Registration Policy (“Event Registration Policy”) describes the privacy practices for our event registrations through our website, a third-party hosted event management website, or a third-party hosted meeting and webinar website.
- Our websites use Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use this site. More on that here.
Our Privacy Officers are:
Bill Hanifin, Chief Executive Officer
Aaron Dauphinee, Chief Operating Officer
What information do we collect about you?
We collect certain personal information when you, download our content, register for our events, apply for a job, request information, or when you use our products or services. In registering with us, downloading content, or requesting information, you may provide us with a password, your real name, industry, organization name, job role, and contact information, such as e-mail address, phone number, and shipping address. We may also collect your product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, or demographic information.
If you connect with third party social networking sites, we may also collect information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or handle, public profile, and email address. We may also combine information you provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below) and with data we receive from third parties.
Certain third parties, including analytics companies like Google, advertisers and ad networks, may also automatically collect information about you through our websites, using cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications when you use our websites.
How do we use the information that we collect about you?
- Provide and deliver products or services you’ve requested;
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
What are cookies? How does our using them impact you?
- Authenticating and identifying you on our websites so we can provide you the services you requested;
- Keeping track of information you have provided to us through fill-in-the form;
- Remembering your preferences or where you left off in your use of our websites;
- Measuring your use of our websites so that we can improve them, tailor our websites to your likely interests, and conduct market research;
- Understanding your likely interests so that we can provide you more relevant WMG content on non-WMG websites and in non-WMG apps; and
- Helping select business partners personalize and improve the performance of their websites, apps, and marketing messages in conjunction with our marketing.
There are other technologies that can be used for similar purposes as cookies, such as HTML5 Local Storage and local shared objects (“LSOs”). LSOs are used by the authors of files that are read by Adobe® Flash® Player and the websites hosting those files. We may use HTML5 Local Storage, LSOs, and similar technologies for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided to us, and remembering your preferences. When you are using a WMG application offline, we may store information related to how you used that website on your device and then transfer it to our servers the next time you connect online to our service.
Web beacons and embedded scripts are other technologies that we may use in our websites, as well as in some of our emails and ads.
Web beacons are bits of programming code included in web pages, emails, and ads that notify WMG, or the companies that help us run our business, when those web pages, emails, or ads have been viewed or clicked on.
From time to time, we partner with third parties who may place cookies on your browser when you visit our website, may send their own cookies to your cookie file, and may use those cookies to track and collect information about you and your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, and applications and to provide targeted advertising based on your interests and previous browsing history.
Do we share the information that we collect about you?
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies, except under the following circumstances:
- When we have your permission, including when you choose to share information, such as comments on our blog.
- We may disclose personal information to comply with laws or in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose personal information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding:
- illegal or suspected illegal activities;
- suspected fraud;
- situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person;
- protection of the rights and property of WMG, our agents, customers or others;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements.
- We reserve the right to transfer or disclose personal information in our system in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or other proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or assignment of all or a portion of our business or assets to a different entity.
- Finally, we may also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, including for their own uses, for example, for improving their products and services for WMG and others.
Our website contains third party sites linked from our websites to other websites, including those of our partners and sponsors, whose information practices may be different from ours. Sometimes these third-party websites might conduct contests or sweepstakes and other activities that are promoted on our websites and visitors are directed away from our websites in order to participate in such activities.
You may also connect to third party services to share your information on and through their social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through “plug-ins,” widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our websites.
Is the information that we collect kept safe and how is it stored?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information throughout our websites.
However, despite our best efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and no company, including us, can fully eliminate or warrant the security risks associated with personal information. To help protect you, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your WMG accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
WMG is a global company with affiliates, varied business processes, management structures, and technical systems that may cross borders. Information collected by us, or on our behalf, may be stored on your computers, on your mobile devices, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in the United States of America or other countries where we, or our service providers, maintain facilities or support centers, including jurisdictions that may not have data privacy laws that provide protections equivalent to those provided in your home country.
Are you going to use my information for marketing to me?
We may offer you the ability to post information and exchange ideas through our blogs and other online services. We may also offer ways to share through independent third party sites, plug-ins and online services. We are not responsible for the activities of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they use your information. Because your posts and information shared through websites are public and can be seen by others, we caution all users to consider what they post and share online and not to disclose any personal information as part of their posts, even if requested to do so by other posters. We will not be responsible in the event that you disclose personal information in your posts, through our public services or during any other communication with other site users.
Can I correct or review my personal information?
Our marketing communications tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing communications. Non-marketing communications include communications about your accounts and our business dealings with you, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys. You may also contact our Privacy Officers at any time to unsubscribe and let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing communications.
Upon request, we will provide an individual with access to identifying information that we have collected about them (provided that they have given adequate proof of identity). We also offer individuals the ability to have inaccuracies corrected within their contact information. You may also request deletion of your personal information. We will honor requests as required by law and subject to our business and legal needs to retain your data. These information requests can be made by sending us an e-mail using the privacy e-mail provided above or writing to us at the mailing address provided here.
When you use our websites, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies from our servers. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our websites. Cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. If you delete your cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
Who should I contact if I have questions or concerns?
You may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to our Privacy Officers. We will respond within ten (10) business days (or even sooner). Written communication should be sent to:
Wise Marketer Group
Attention: Privacy Officers
265 S Federal Hwy, Suite 300
Deerfield Beach, FL 33431
We hope this makes sense and is easily understood, but if there’s something that isn’t quite clear still, then please get in touch with us. Thank you