American Airlines launches AAdvantage TrAAvel Perks
American Airlines has launched a new online travel programme called 'TrAAvel Perks' to provide its frequent flyer programme members with extra discounts and benefits, including two companion tickets and 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles for those who join during 2006.
Membership of the AAdvantage loyalty programme is necessary to join TrAAvel Perks. Customers who are not AAdvantage members can simply enrol online, either through the airline's web site or the TrAAvel Perks web site.
The TrAAvel Perks programme carries an introductory one-year membership fee of US$129 for those who join before 31st August 2006, rising to the standard annual membership fee of US$159 after that.
Member benefits The 2006 TrAAvel Perks membership benefits include:
- Two companion certificates New members will receive one companion certificate every six months for the duration of their membership, totalling two companion certificates for each full year of membership.
- 2,500 AAdvantage bonus miles for initial registration New members will be credited 500 miles after the first 45 days of membership with subsequent miles issued in 500-mile increments during the end of each calendar quarter for the first year.
- AAdvantage discounts and bonus miles TrAAvel Perks members will receive up to 40% savings for condo and vacation rentals, member-only discounts for participating hotel and car rental companies, off-site airport parking, event and movie tickets, and golf tee times. Members are also entitled to dining discounts of up to 50% off at participating restaurants. These are all in addition to the standard AAdvantage mileage offers that would normally apply.
According to Kurt Stache, American Airline's president of AAdvantage marketing programmes, "TrAAvel Perks was designed to meet customer requests for more special offers and member discounts while driving customer loyalty."
Members-only offers A few examples of the kind of members-only offers available to TrAAvel Perks members include:
- Alamo car rental: Save up to 15% and receive either a free upgrade or a free day budget upgrade and triple miles (earn up to 150 miles per rental day).
- National car rental: Save up to 20% and receive either a free upgrade or a free weekend day.
- Hyatt: Join Hyatt Gold Passport by the end of 2007 and earn 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per night on Hyatt stays within four months of enrolment (up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus miles). Upgrade to Gold Passport Platinum membership after completing the third Hyatt stay.
- 1-800-Flowers: Earn double miles (20 AAdvantage miles per US$1).
- Teleflora: Earn 250 bonus miles per transaction.
- Samsonite: Save up to 60% on purchases made at Samsonite.com.
- SkyMall: Earn 10 miles per dollar spent on SkyMall AA Vacations, and save 5% on hotel, car rental and tour bookings.
- American Airlines Admirals Club: Save US$50 on a new membership or get a free one-day pass.
- Golf Now: Save up to 70% by booking tee times online.
- Sunterra: Save up to 40% on accommodation at Sunterra Getaway Resort destinations.
The programme is being operated for American Airlines by Points International (operator of the Points.com loyalty currency exchange).