Amex launches Bonus Points Mall
American Express has launched the Bonus Points Mall, which enables Membership Rewards members to earn two points for almost every dollar spent with more than one hundred participating online retailers.
The retailers are spread across 23 categories including apparel, books, electronics, home and sports. Cardmembers can buy from merchants such as saks.com, Homedepot.com, Best Buy, Ann Taylor, Brooks Brothers, Staples.com, Sephora and RedEnvelope.
Points are only awarded if the cardmember is logged in to the web-based mall, and then uses an eligible American Express Card to make their purchase.
E-retail growing According to Ralph Andretta, senior vice president and general manager of Membership Rewards for American Express, "Card members are increasingly spending online and we want to reward them for putting more of their spending on their American Express Card.
At the same time, American Express has made design and structural changes to the Membership Rewards website. The redesign offers easy-to-use search and navigation features, rich media applications, and state-of-the-art personalisation capabilities. Enhancements include:
- A visual design that better reflects the experiential and aspirational nature of the Membership Rewards programme;
- A user-friendly format that makes browsing the site and redeeming Membership Rewards points easier;
- A search engine tool;
- Personalisation capabilities to provide cardmembers with more relevant content and offers;
- Rich media applications (using Flash) to better showcase reward offers;
- A customer support and education section that provides information about the Membership Rewards programme.
These enhancements follow on from the Pay with Points system (launched in 2005) that allows members to book travel using their points instantly through the American Express travel web site, without blackout dates or restrictions for airlines, hotels or cruises.