Celebrity Cruises relaunches the Captain's Club
Celebrity Cruises' multi-tiered customer loyalty programme, the Captain's Club, has been redesigned and relaunched following a series of member-inspired improvements.
Some of the programme's new features are being rolled out this month, while a selection of other new offerings will be introduced at various times throughout the rest of 2009.
New features being introduced this month include:
- Captain's Club Celebration, a social and entertainment event that is being made available to all members;
- Improved internet and laundry benefits for Select and Elite tier members. Elite members benefit from free 90-minute internet packages, while Select members will receive a 25% discount on internet access. Laundry benefits are proportional to the member's length of stay.
- A new onboard lounge exclusively for Elite members, featuring a casual coffee house (8am to 10am), with free espressos, teas and other menu items, plus various reading materials and, on special occasions, free Wi-Fi internet access. In the evenings (4pm to 6pm) Elite members can relax with a free drink or participate in wine tastings.
- A new focus and slogan for the loyalty club: "The centre of our attention". This involves many members being invited to participate in a new Captain's Club Advisory Board, to help ensure that loyal guests have a voice in shaping the future of the loyalty programme.
During the remainder of the year, Celebrity says it will expand the Captain's Club with a range of new features and benefits, to be announced closer to the time.
"The new Captain's Club gives our loyal guests greater recognition, and benefits and features designed to make them feel like the centre of our attention every time they sail with us," said Celebrity Cruises' president and CEO, Dan Hanrahan. "The updated club was designed based on research, feedback from our members, and advice from our travel partners."
The benefits available for each tier include:
- Classic members (1-4 tier credits) Access to the loyalty desk and loyalty host; a premium onboard discount booklet; access to the new Captain's Club Celebration event; a free custom air request; pre-cruise specialty restaurant reservations; member reunion cruises; one-category upgrades (when available); and an online newsletter.
- Select members (5-9 tier credits) The same benefits as Classic membership, plus priority embarkation, a free wine seminar, priority status for shore excursion wait lists, an invitation to the senior officers' cocktail party, 25% off internet packages, free pressing of two items of clothing, and discounted laundry service on cruises of 12 nights or more.
- Elite members (10 or more tier credits) The same benefits as Classic and Select membership, plus a private shipboard departure lounge with continental breakfast, priority tender service, wait list priority for dining room seating, tea service, free use of the Thalassotherapy pool on Celebrity Mercury, free access to the Persian Garden (port days only), access to the new Captain's Club Lounge at Michael's Club, 90 free internet minutes, one free item of dry cleaning, a free bag of laundry (wash, dry, and fold), and additional discounted laundry on cruises of 12 nights or more.