Changes made to FlightFund and Dividend Miles
The two merging US-based airlines America West and US Airways have announced the final details of forthcoming changes to their frequent flyer programmes, FlightFund and Dividend Miles.
A new programme, which will launch in spring of 2006, will retain the name Dividend Miles. Members of FlightFund (the current America West programme) and Dividend Miles (the current US Airways programme) will be able to redeem and earn miles on flights operated by either airline starting from 5th October 2005, and their outstanding mileage balance will be automatically combined and integrated into the new Dividend Miles programme in spring 2006.
Other changes Other Dividend Miles and FlightFund features will include:
- A 500-mile bonus for booking online at either airline's web site.
- No more Saturday-night stay requirement for Dividend Miles awards.
- A single worldwide award chart with award travel beginning at 25,000 miles.
- Also from 5th October 2005, Preferred and Elite members in either FlightFund or Dividend Miles stand to get free first-class upgrades on eligible flights operated by both US Airways and America West.
- Miles and segments flown on flights operated by both America West and US Airways for all of 2005 will count toward Preferred or Elite status.
- America West Platinum Elite members will be elevated to Chairman's Elite status through to 28th February 2006.