eToys publishes the Christmas 2004 'hot gift list'
The US-based online toy retailer eToys has published its hot list of toys for the 2004 holiday season, with the most popular choices ranging from Singing Elmo to Nintendo Dual-Screen systems.
The list aims to guide consumers in picking the right toys for childrens' gifts each year, and comprises the following twelve toy and gift ideas for Christmas 2004:
- Barbie as Princess Anneliese from Princess and The Pauper, by Mattel (ages 3-12);
- Bratz play figures: Tokyo a Go-Go, by MGA Entertainment (ages 4-12);
- Cabbage Patch Kids, by Play Along (ages 4-12);
- E-L-M-O Elmo, by Fisher-Price Brands (ages 1.5-6 years);
- FurReal Friends: Luv Cub, by Playskool (ages 4-12);
- Nintendo DS Game System, by Nintendo (all ages);
- RoboSapien interactive robot, by Wow Wee (age 6+);
- Transformers Energon: Omega Supreme, by Hasbro (ages 5-14);
- Trivial Pursuit 90's Edition, by Milton Bradley (age 14+);
- Tyco Radio Control Terrain Twister, by Mattel (age 6+);
- V.Smile TV Learning System, by Vtech Industries (ages 3-7);
- VideoNow Color Personal Video Player, by Hasbro (ages 6-14).
"Each year our professional buyers, who have collectively more than 100 years of toy buying experience, make their informed selections for the coming season's top toys," explained Michael Wagner, chief executive officer for Denver, Colorado-based eToys Direct. "Our sneak peak of the season's must-have toys should allow gift-givers to take advantage of early season promotional offers."