Hertz upgrades Gold Plus Rewards scheme
The global car rental firm Hertz has announced an upgrade of its Gold Plus Rewards loyalty programme, allowing members to more easily achieve and retain their status in elite tiers, earn extra points and redeem them faster, and access their account balance information in new ways.
As part of the programme's upgrade, Hertz has lowered the rental thresholds required to achieve and retain status in its elite tiers. It now requires only seven rentals to qualify for Five Star and 20 rentals for President's Circle. This means that Hertz now rewards its most valuable customers by making it easier for Gold members to move up in status and gain additional benefits.
"We are constantly striving to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our loyal Gold Plus Rewards members," said Hertz's chairman and CEO, Mark P. Frissora. "From faster status upgrades, to easier points redemption, to seamless enrolment, we've evaluated all aspects of Gold Plus Rewards to provide the best awards programme possible."
Gold Plus Rewards now offers more ways to earn and redeem points worldwide, including:
- Free Days: Gold members can earn Triple Points on qualifying rentals until 15th April 2014.
- More Ways to Earn Points: In addition to earning points on rental charges, Gold members earn with services such as Hertz NeverLost, Fuel Purchase, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, insurance coverage options, and more.
- Enhanced Rewards: Improved technology makes it easier for our members to view their real-time point balance, check their e-statements with up to 24 months of activity, and even redeem rewards during reservations.
- New Reward Destinations: Hertz has added new destinations to our expanding global network where customers can redeem points for free days, including Ireland and Brazil.
Hertz has also added a number of new services (and has also enhanced existing ones) to provide Gold members with a more seamless car rental experience, including:
- Quicker Enrolment: Customers can now enrol in Gold Plus Rewards right at the rental counter.
- Hertz Gold Choice: Provides renters with the peace of mind knowing their car will be ready and waiting for them, and the freedom to choose something different on the spot.
- Mobile Gold Alerts: Gold members can receive messages sent to their phone with up-to-the-minute information that lets them know which car they'll be driving and where their vehicle is parked.
- Faster Rentals: Hertz allows Gold members to skip the counter at over 50 airports around the world. And at over 4,000 locations worldwide, renters can simply show their driver's license and pick up their keys.