Ecommerce Loyalty Program Benefits
Loyalty programs are important for Ecommerce retailers, just as they are for traditional brick and mortar retailers. But the structure of programs designed for “e-tailers” is different for several reasons that go beyond the online-only aspect.
If you are an Ecommerce company, you certainly want to maximize your loyalty program in a way that makes sense for both customers and clients. To do this, you must acquire a working knowledge of what goes into the design and operation of an Ecommerce loyalty program. With that understanding as a foundation, you can then focus on the strengths of that program and how to maximize those strengths to achieve the greatest customer engagement and overall ROI.
This article (6-minute read) from Comarch Loyalty Marketing outlines how to build and run a successful Ecommerce loyalty program. The article highlights key elements that will influence structure and strategy, including:
- The importance of the Data-driven nature of the Ecommerce retailer
- The role of instant gratification
- Emphasis on Customer Experience
- The need for Flexibility
- Cost considerations
The article also covers common mistakes that Ecommerce companies make when building out their loyalty programs:
- Failing to Align the Program with Business Objectives
- Ignoring Customer Preferences
- Not Offering Valuable Rewards
- Complexity and Friction in the Program
- Lack of Communication and Promotion
- Inadequate Tracking and Measurement
To learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of In-Store versus Ecommerce Loyalty programs and get a full view of the future of Ecommerce loyalty, you can find that and more as you Read more about technological innovations in loyalty and marketing on Comarch's blog.