Hyatt hotels grants new loyalty privileges
Hyatt hotels are to offer loyal guests ten new products and services including an e-concierge service (for dinner reservations, activities and other requests), and web check-ins (to guarantee room availability upon arrival). Some of the new services are only available to members of the company's Gold Passport loyalty programme.
According to Tom O'Toole, senior vice president of strategy and systems for Hyatt Hotels, "The new Hyatt services focus on practical tools such as advance planning via e-concierge, and the ability to print out airline boarding passes at the hotel."
General services Among the services that all Hyatt guests are being offered are:
- Hyatt E-Concierge Guests can plan and organise their activities (including golf days, spa treatments, dinner reservations, and other special requests in advance of their stay) through the E-Concierge, which is available online at Hyatt.com. The service is personalised when a Hyatt concierge at the property of choice sends the guest an electronic itinerary confirming their plans (up to a week before arrival).
- Fast Board The Fast Board service is an in-hotel kiosk that allows guests to print out their airline boarding passes before they leave for the airport. Installation in all US Hyatt hotels is expected by 1st June 2006.
- Non-Smoking Room Guarantee Under the non-smoking guarantee, if a non-smoking room is not available upon check-in, the guest will be given the choice of a US$100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points as compensation.
- Hyatt Stay Fit Gym The Stay Fit Gym facility provides a fitness programme in fitness centres that are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with a variety of fitness equipment and accessories, and a fitness concierge that can provide forgotten or lost fitness clothing, as well as fitness GPS systems for navigating the property. Furthermore, through a new partnership with YogaAway, Hyatt is offering in-room yoga classes (at extra cost) through its OnCommand digital TV system, as well as private and group classes with YogaAway-certified instructors at selected properties.
- The Luxurious Hyatt Grand Bed The luxury bed is a pillow-top Sealy mattress dressed with high thread-count sheets, down fluffy blanket, plush pillows and decorative, sleek designer touches.
- Hyatt Express Check-in Kiosk The express check-in kiosk provides a tool for quick hotel check-in and check-out, and allows guests to bypass the front desk and get to their room faster with the swipe of a credit card. Guests may verify the details of their stay, and obtain their room number and key cards, along with directions to their room. Hyatt Gold Passport members can also verify their account number and enter bonus numbers, while Diamond members can also select their welcome amenity of choice.
- Hyatt Wherever WiFi Hyatt guests are able to experience wireless broadband internet service in most guest rooms, lobbies and public areas around the hotel, through a partnership with T-Mobile.
Loyalty programme benefits And there are a number of benefits that are provided for members of the Hyatt Gold Passport programme, including:
- Web Check-in The web-based check-in facility allows Gold Passport Diamond and Platinum members to check-in before they arrive, then simply pick up their key upon arrival. This guarantees the guest the ability to upgrade their room in advance, as well as to have packages or faxes waiting for them in their room when they arrive.
- CLEAR membership Hyatt recently announced a time-limited partnership with Verified Identity Pass Inc. (commonly known as Verified ID) - a registered traveller programme that offers members faster processing at airport security checkpoints. Hyatt is extending free membership in the programme to its Gold Passport Diamond tier members.
- Bed Guarantee The bed type guarantee is (for Diamond and Platinum members only) ensures that, if the reserved room with preferred bed type is not available upon check-in, the guest will be given 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points. The 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport point compensation is equivalent to one free night at many Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.