In this week's Newswire you can enjoy a curated list of the latest customer loyalty, technology, payments, and other relevant marketing news. We include a spectrum of topics, all with the intention of keeping you informed and enabling you to star in your next big meeting.
The Loyalty Newswire makes it simple for busy professionals (e.g. YOU) to quickly digest important industry news and trending topics. Keep reading!
If you haven't taken advantage of a free subscription to our weekly Newsletter each Thursday, please do it today! You'll unlock access to exclusive content, events, promotions, and more.
Stay. Loyal. Always.
- Penn Entertainment relaunches loyalty program
- Flash.co Launches Flash Perks
- New Webinar May 17 - Modular Loyalty – What is it and why is it Important?
- Hot Takes in Loyalty
- Quick Perspective: Let’s Talk About Feelings
- Join Points4Purpose in New York City on June 1 to celebrate its US launch
- Gain CLMP™ certification in Melbourne and Singapore during May 2023 with The Loyalty Academy™
Penn Entertainment relaunches loyalty program
Penn Entertainment has rebranded its Mychoice loyalty program as Penn Play and rolled the new model out to its 26 million members. Customers accumulate Penn Cash via a mobile app and earn by playing, dining, shopping or staying at Penn’s properties. The launch is accompanied by a refreshed version of Penn’s dedicated rewards program for active military personnel, veterans and first responders. Penn Heroes now offers additional perks such as a Penn Play tier upgrade and discounts across hotels, dining and shopping at the operator’s properties. It was formerly known as Myheroes. More than 182,000 people have signed up to the programme since its launch in May 2021.
Flash.co Launches Flash Perks
Indian E-commerce startup Flash.co has introduced a first-of-its-kind shopping email id – firstname.lastname@example.org, to enhance the online shopping experience of consumers. Ranjith Boyanapalli, chief executive officer of Flash commented “this is a category defining product, which we believe is an apt enabler for the e-commerce ecosystem at this juncture.” Flash has onboarded over 40 brands as shopping partners to offer rewards, cashback, and flat discounts across multiple categories including fashion, lifestyle, consumer-tech and D2C (direct to consumer). The company’s new shopping partners include PharmEasy, MyGlamm, Furlenco, Ixigo, Sleepy Owl, HealthifyMe, Bombay Shaving Company, Wow Skin Science, and Melorra.
New Webinar May 17 - Modular Loyalty – What is it and why is it Important?
Wondering what the term 'Modular Loyalty' means and if it could change the way you evaluate your loyalty technology stack? Then join this webinar moderated by Bill Hanifin, CLMP™ and featuring a conversation with Exchange Solutions Loyalty experts, Scott MacDonald (VP, Product and Marketing) and Jen Hickling (VP, Loyalty Solutions Engineering) as they discuss benefits and power of Modular Loyalty and share examples why retailers should view this new architecture as a core area of innovation to engage their consumer base.
The webinar is Wednesday, May 17th at 1pmET. Register today.
Hot Takes in Loyalty
- MAPCO, the convenience retailer which is a subsidiary of COPEC, a leading South America-based retail company, has agreed to be acquired by Majors Management, LLC. The transaction includes the MAPCO My Rewards loyalty program.
- Conversational commerce is the empowerment of consumers to make purchase decisions. The global market value of conversational commerce was worth an estimated $5.3 billion in 2021.
- Running up to Mother’s Day, 1-800-Flowers.com has launched the “1-800-Flowers.com MomVerse,” a AI composer powered by ChatGPT that creates original, one-of-a-kind verses – including personalized poems and songs. Don’t forget Mom! You can find it here.
- The CRMC will be held in Chicago June 7-9, 2023. Brands announced include Adidas, Build-a-Bear Workshop, Chico’s, GNC, Lifetime, London Drugs, Majid Al Futtam, Nascar, NBA, Pep Boys and Sonesta. More announcements will be coming soon. More information and registration info can be found here.
Quick Perspective: Let’s Talk About Feelings
"It comes down to how your customer experiences the brand – and how that brand makes a person feel."
Alex Allwood, Customer Experience Consultant, author of Customer Experience is the Brand
How does your brand make people feel? How does your brand make your customer feel? READ MORE on why this matters
Join Points4Purpose in New York City on June 1 to celebrate its US Launch
Points4Purpose is hosting a reception to celebrate its US Launch on June 1 at 6:30pm (doors open at 6:00pm). The reception is hosted by the Wise Marketer Group, the Australian Trade Commission and Investment NSW in Manhattan, New York. A panel will discuss how you can join the growing movement from Purpose to Profit and, in so doing, grow customer lifetime value. If you’re unable to attend then you may also view the discussion by webinar. Register here.
Gain CLMP™ certification in Melbourne and Singapore during May 2023 with The Loyalty Academy™
There is only one professional certification for Loyalty Marketers in the world and that is the Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ offered by The Loyalty Academy™.
The Loyalty Academy is bringing its unique program guided by independent governance and oversight to two new locations during May and June 2023:
The Loyalty Academy brings it unique program guided by independent governance and oversight to three locations during May and June 2023:
- Melbourne, Australia - 16-18 May. Mike Capizzi will be leading the workshop with input from sponsors Epsilon, Gratifii, Incentive Solutions, and Points4Purpose. Register here.
- Singapore - 23-25 May. Mike Capizzi continues his globe-trotting at the York Hotel in Singapore with support from Platinum sponsor Epsilon. Check out the agenda and register here.