Loyalty to search engines is widespread, survey says

WM Circle Logo

By: Wise Marketer Staff |

Posted on April 29, 2004

Some 56.7% of internet users use the same search engine or directory every time when they are looking for information, and another 30.5% have a few search engines they use regularly, demonstrating remarkable levels of consumer loyalty to internet search technology, according to a survey from search engine marketing firm, iProspect.

Just over one in eight web users (12.8%) use different search engines depending on what they are looking for. This means that some degree of search engine loyalty exists for the remaining 87.2% of web users.

Key players
They 'iProspect Search Engine User Attitudes Survey' revealed - perhaps not surprisingly - that some search engines have more loyal users than others: