Luxury rewards for best American Express customers
American Express Platinum and Centurion cardholders in the US are to be granted an exclusive range of loyalty rewards and offers from premium retail partners, with boutique-style redemption options ranging from 20,500 up to 93.2 million Membership Rewards points.
The new First Collection of premium partners and offers is an elite extension of the Membership Rewards loyalty rewards programme, offering a range of luxury rewards in four categories (lifestyle, jewellery, watches, and travel).
Rewards catalogue The luxury reward catalogue includes options from 11 initial partners including Baccarat, Chopard, Davidoff, Eos Airlines, IWC, Lamborghini, Mikimoto, Monarch Billiards, Oberoi Hotels & Resorts, Piaget and Steinway & Sons.
However, the company confirmed that a new fashion category is to be added "soon", including partners such as Bergdorf Goodman, Ermenegildo Zegna, Neiman Marcus, Pebble Beach Resorts, Raffles Hotels & Resorts, and Tiffany & Co.
Luxury rewards Examples of luxury rewards that members can redeem their points for (through the new online First Collection Rewards sub-web site, or by telephone) include:
- Baccarat Grand Bordeaux wine tasting glasses (two) - 22,500 points;
- Chopard Ice Cube Collection 18K white gold and diamond watch - 93.2 million points;
- Davidoff black leather cigar case - 20,500 points;
- Roundtrip business class ticket on EOS Airlines (NYC to London) - 85,000 points;
- IWC Portuguese chrono-automatic steel watch with black crocodile strap - 640,000 points;
- Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder 2006-2007 (a 12-month lease) - 10.5 million points;
- Mikimoto South Sea cultured pearl and sapphire necklace - 13 million points;
- Monarch professional billiards equipment package - 110,000 points;
- A one-night stay at selected Oberoi Hotels & Resorts - from 35,000 points;
- Piaget Men's Polo 18K white gold bracelet watch - 2.61 million points;
- On-demand private jet service - 384,000 points;
- Steinway living room grand piano (Model O) - 7.2 million points.
Options in the forthcoming fashion category are expected to begin at 10,000 points.