Maritz unveils new POS rewards platform
Maritz and Welcome Real-Time have joined forces to launch a new point-of-sale (POS) rewards platform in the United States and Canada, aiming to help retailers increase both sales and customer visits by making it easier for customers to earn and claim rewards.
With the idea of 'instant gratification' in mind, the new offering was created to enable behaviourally-driven marketing incentives and rewards at the retail point-of-sale using existing POS hardware. The partnership uses the two companies' joint expertise in real-time payment card marketing and the management of loyalty programmes for 7 of the top 10 US banks and credit card companies.
Using the system, customers will be able to receive targeted offers (such as discounts or free merchandise) as well as earning and redeeming points for purchases at the checkout. All of the offers provided are delivered through the customer's till receipt, and can be redeemed at the POS terminal without the need for paper coupons or online redemptions.
"Maritz Real-Time Rewards can help retailers eliminate the waste and expense of hit-or-miss promotions, increase same-store sales, and offer customers what they want, when they want it," explained Thad Peterson, director for Maritz Real-Time Rewards.
The platform's main features are:
- At the retailer's discretion, customers can use a proprietary loyalty card or any credit or debit card to enroll and participate in the programme, simplifying enrollment.
- Retailers can analyse customer buying behaviours and other information to deliver more intelligent and targeted rewards in real time, at the point of sale.
- The system provides a high-value rewards programme at a low cost by delivering promotions at the point of sale rather than through more expensive channels such as direct mail or advertising.
- No additional hardware is needed, as the system can work with any installed POS system.
- A promotional marketing suite that delivers personalised offers based on past customer visit patterns and consumption behaviour. The promotional marketing suite can be used on its own or in conjunction with a points-based, point-of-sale redemption programme.
- A points-based, point-of-sale redemption programme provides a points-based loyalty programme using either a proprietary card or data from payment cards that the customer already has in their wallet.
- The point-of-sale merchant rewards network allows retailers to participate in a credit or debit card issuer's programme whereby cardholders receive special discounts throughout a network of retailers, along with point-of-sale rewards redemptions.