Pinkberry replaces punchcards with Pinkcards
The US-based frozen yoghurt seller, Pinkberry, has announced that it is moving away from paper punch cards and changing the way its customers earn rewards with the introduction of the Pinkcard loyalty card.
The new Pinkcard loyalty and rewards platform automatically tracks each member's purchases and rewards, and is also at the heart of Pinkberry's new mobile app, which is free to download for both iOS and Android phones.
"We know that our customers rely on mobile technology to make their lives easier, so we designed the app to provide functionality that adds value to the whole Pinkberry experience," explained Ron Graves, CEO for Pinkberry.
The Pinkcard and its related mobile app offer various benefits, such as:
- Rewards Upon registering, customers will get the value of a free small yogurt with toppings. They will continue to enjoy a free small yogurt with toppings after every 10th purchase and on their birthday. Pinkcard members will also receive surprise rewards and exclusive offers throughout the year.
- Flavor Finder and Store Locator In addition to locating stores, the 'Flavor Finder' tool on the mobile app enables customers to find the closest store with their favourite flavours. Loyalty programme members will also be alerted when new or returning flavours arrive in stores.
- eGifting and Social Sharing The Pinkcard can also be bought and given as a gift card. Pinkcard eGifts can be sent with ease through email or on Facebook. The Pinkberry mobile app is integrated with Facebook Connect so customers can find and send eGifts easily. It also promotes social sharing with easy access to posting on Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter within the app itself.
- Convenient Payment The Pinkcard can be used to pay using stored cash value and it can be automatically reloaded. Within the mobile app card funds can be managed and reward status is visible at all times.
- Feedback Pinkberry is also using the mobile app to ask customers to share their ideas with the company, and to comment on their experiences, with a promise from Pinkberry to respond within 24 hours.
Customers who download the app and register between 10th October and 21st November 2012 will be entered in a sweepstake to win 'Pinkberry for a Year', including US$100 worth of Pinkberry being loaded onto their Pinkcard each month for a year (but unused value is not rolled over from month to month), four catered parties for up to 25 people, a free take-home every week, and US$600 worth of eGifts to send to their friends and family.
Customers can download the Pinkberry mobile application and register for a Pinkcard via the Google Play store or the Apple iTunes App Store, or those who prefer a physical Pinkcard can pick up a card at Pinkberry stores and then register it via the company's website. The Pinkcard does not expire, and is available only in US stores (and not in airport or university locations).