Rewards Network revamps airline rewards
The US-based restaurant loyalty rewards provider Rewards Network Inc. has unveiled some innovative changes to the way it works with its airline loyalty programme partners - a variable mileage award structure.
The programme's new tiered structure awards some members up to 10 miles per US$1 spent depending on loyalty and dining frequency. The new three-tier system is aimed at encouraging members to earn an increasing number of miles the more they dine at participating restaurants.
Three tiers The three tiers include Elite, Engaged, and Active, each having corresponding mileage awards, bonus opportunities and a roster of restaurants, depending on how frequently the member uses the programme.
- Elite members who dine 12 or more times per calendar year will receive 5 miles per US$1 spent, and have the greatest number of restaurants from which to choose. Elite members also enjoy a double bonus between July 1st, 2005 and June 30th, 2006, allowing them to earn a total of 10 miles per US$1 spent at all restaurants where benefits are offered.
- Engaged members receive 3 miles per US$1 spent by creating an online user profile or by dining at least 4 times per calendar year at participating restaurants. This membership tier offers more restaurants and more bonus opportunities than the standard Active member tier.
- Active members are those who dine at least once per calendar year and who have not created an online user profile on the applicable airline dining programme web site (all of which are hosted by Rewards Network). Active members receive 1 mile per US$1 spent at participating restaurants for their first three dines (during a single calendar year), and also qualify for periodic bonuses.
Earning miles Membership in each of the airline dining programmes managed by Rewards Network is free, and members who dine at participating restaurants will continue to receive miles based on the entire restaurant bill (including the cost of the meal, drinks, tip and taxes) when charged to a credit or debit card that is pre-registered with Rewards Network.
According to Ronald L. Blake, president and CEO of Rewards Network Inc., "Rewards Network offers a rich mileage-earning benefit opportunity at over 10,000 restaurants throughout the US and Canada. With the Elite bonus offer, members can now earn 10 miles per dollar spent at all participating restaurants. For example, just one business dinner with a US$150 check will earn an Elite member 1,500 miles."
Airline partners Rewards Network operates its dining loyalty programme for ten airline partners, including:
- American Airlines AAdvantage Dining/AAdvantage Hotel
- Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Dining & Hotel Rewards
- America West FlightFund Dining
- British Airways Executive Club Dining
- Continental Airlines OnePass Dining
- Delta SkyMiles Dining & Hotels
- Rewards Network Dining and Hotels for Midwest Airlines
- Rewards Network Dining For Miles for Northwest Airlines WorldPerks
- United Mileage Plus Dining
- US Airways Dividend Miles Dining & Hotels