Survey conducted by SlickText reviewed Valentine’s Day preferences and plans of more than 1,000 consumers
NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE) -- SlickText, a proven leader in text marketing, today releases the results of the ‘2021 Share the Love Survey,’ revealing 63% of consumers plan to share their love via text message for Valentine’s Day 2021. Texting continues to be the way to reach people with messages that matter as mobile continues to dominate consumer preferences—47% of respondents said they would make online holiday purchases via a smartphone, with 38% indicating it will be their primary shopping method.
SlickText’s ‘2021 Share the Love Survey’ is composed of responses from 1,100 participants ranging in age from 18 to upwards of 54. The survey examines consumer preferences for Valentine’s Day plans, gifts and communication methods. These insights can help businesses make better decisions when determining how to engage with their customers.
Key takeaways from the survey include:
- 63% of respondents age 18 to 44 plan to send texts to people they love this Valentine’s Day. Those ages 44 to 54 prefer a phone call, though text messaging is a close second with 51% saying they’ll also send a text.
- 34% said their biggest Valentine’s Day spend will be at restaurants, 21% said candy and chocolate, and 20% said physical gifts
- 46% are prioritizing spending money at local businesses for Valentine’s Day
- 47% plan to do Valentine’s Day shopping on a smartphone, 33% on a laptop and 15% via a desktop computer
- When ranking the most important aspect of online shopping for consumers, accurate shipping updates topped the list. An easy check out experience and discounts came in second and third
“Because consumers want to accomplish as much as possible using their phones, companies that prioritize mobile messaging in 2021 will put themselves in the best position to succeed,” said Meg Scales, CMO of SlickText. “With people continuing to work from home and opt for curbside pickup or delivery options, consumers are not exposed to in-person promotions as frequently. If you miss consumers on mobile, you may be missing them altogether.”
To read a comprehensive breakdown of survey results and the business impact this Valentine’s Day season, please visit the SlickText website. For more information on SlickText, please visit slicktext.com.
SlickText is a leading marketing and communication platform. Since 2012, SlickText has been on a mission to build software that connects humans directly with the brands they love. Today, over 10,000 total customers across North America, including ESPN, American Cancer Society and FedEx, use SlickText’s award-winning software and support to access behavior and influence decisions using permission-based marketing automation. SlickText has been named a 2020 High Performer by G2 Crowd, and is a former Technology Innovator of the Year. The company has dual headquarters in Jamestown, NY and Nashville, TN. To learn more about SlickText, visit slicktext.com.
BLASTmedia for SlickText