The Canadian retail loyalty programme, Shoppers Optimum, has been enhanced in the form of a new 'My Optimum, My Rewards' personalised digital platform, which includes an enhanced Shoppers Drug Mart app and a digital Optimum loyalty card.
Optimum members will now receive personalised offers and points via their mobile device, email or the web (myoptimum.ca), and can load them to their digital or plastic Optimum card. They can also scan their digital Optimum card directly from their smartphone to earn and redeem points.
The digital Optimum card is now available for Apple and Android devices by downloading the redesigned Shoppers Drug Mart mobile app - and is now one of the most downloaded apps in Canada.
"Members say they love earning rewards in retail," said Shelagh Stoneham, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Shoppers Drug Mart. "So we are creating a one-on-one relationship with our customers, with offers personalised to their shopping habits and sent straight to their smartphone."
The new Optimum digital platform delivers weekly load-to-card offers tailored to members' shopping preferences - including a personalised flyer picking the relevant promotions for each customer.
Optimum members receive offers on products they want and use, from cosmetics and skincare to vitamins and snacks, allowing them to earn rewards faster on everyday purchases along with special offers on new items.
"Digital technology continues to change the way we shop and our preferences are becoming more defined - we want special offers on our favourite brands and products, wherever and whenever it suits us, on any device," said consumer technology expert Amber MacArthur. "Brands like Shoppers Optimum understand the concept of digital loyalty that will win over consumers in the long run, making it easier for all of us to access the rewards and perks that we covet from our favourite stores."
Optimum members will now benefit from these new digital features:
- New, personalised offers arriving every Saturday via email, web or directly to smartphone;
- A personalised flyer, based on each customer's shopping preferences, selecting the most relevant products on promotion;
- View and load offers from their mobile device or the new Optimum website;
- Scan their digital Optimum card to earn or spend points at checkout;
- Check Optimum points balances on the go;
- Transfer Optimum points to a loved one's account;
- Donate Optimum points to a favourite charity;
- Browse store flyers and create shopping lists;
- Manage prescriptions;
- Find the nearest Shoppers/Pharmaprix store and check store hours or late night or 24-hour access to pharmacy service;
- Add their Optimum card to Passbook (on Apple iOS devices).
According to the company, every 23 seconds a new member joins the Shoppers/Pharmaprix Optimum programme, while every 1 second a product is redeemed with Shoppers Optimum points at a Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix store. In 2014 alone, some 386,507 lipsticks and 1,312,206 toothbrushes were redeemed using Optimum points.