A recent survey conducted among 1,500 business travelers by ExpertFlyer.com and View from the Wing blog asked customers and readers to offer their thoughts about the state of the industry in 2015 and their travel plans for the New Year. Based on the survey�s results and anticipated travel plans for 2016, travelers in general could see a decrease in the number of available seats, which doesn�t signal relief from higher airfares.
Among the key survey highlights:
- 43% said they traveled at least 15 times in 2015
- 83% said they would travel as much or more in 2016
- 79% percent earned more than 100,000 frequent flyer miles over the past 12 months
- 60% said they earned the majority of points by flying
- 39% earned more miles through credit card purchases
- 25% said they now use ride share services, such as Uber or Lyft, rather than a traditional taxi
- 40% said their companies did not allow stays at non-traditional living accommodations, such as Airbnb
Full survey results and an infographic are available on ExpertFlyer�s blog.