Toys'R'Us increases Christmas loyalty rewards
Toys'R'Us is offering 10% back on purchases made by new and current members of its loyalty programme, Rewards'R'Us, during the holiday shopping season, starting from 30th October and ending on 24th December 2011.
The Rewards'R'Us programme's 24 million members are able to earn 10% back in the 'R'Us Dollars rewards currency for every US$1 spent on qualifying purchases, with those who spend US$500 or more earning the maximum reward of US$50 worth of 'R'Us Dollars. Qualifying purchases exclude gift cards, shipping and handling charges and reward-eligible greeting cards, formula and diapers.
Members can participate in the promotion by simply presenting their loyalty card at any 'R'Us store across the US, or by entering their loyalty card number online at either ToysRUs.com or BabiesRUs.com. Any 'R'Us Dollars earned will be delivered to members via e-mail in January, and can be used toward future in-store purchases. Reward certificates may not, however, be redeemed against diapers, formula, gift cards, photo studios, video game hardware, video games, video game accessories, Apple products, Motherhood Maternity, Buyer Protection Plan, assembly fee, rental fees, delivery fees, or shipping and handling costs.
During the 2010 holiday season, the company reported that some 2 million customers joined the Rewards'R'Us programme to take advantage of the promotion. New for the 2011 holiday season, members will also earn a free 2012 Super Savers Pass if they spend US$200 or more, providing them with more than US$100 in savings (including exclusive coupons sent via e-mail each month throughout 2012).
"Since its introduction in 2008, the Rewards'R'Us programme has grown to more than 24 million members," said Greg Ahearn, chief marketing officer for Toys'R'Us in the US.
Customers who want to make smaller payments over time and still take advantage of the 10% back offer can earn holiday rewards on layaway purchases, although there are several exclusions, and purchases do not qualify to earn rewards until they are paid for in full. Since 2009, the company has offered the layaway option for big ticket items such as bikes, swing sets, dollhouses, play kitchens and so on, but from 2011 the programme includes all playthings in 450 of its approximately 600 Toys'R'Us stores nationwide.
Customers can sign up for the programme (free of charge) at any 'R'Us store, or online, and the programme is open to anyone. Once enrolled, members can take advantage of various benefits and promotions, including:
- Returns made easy, as Toys'R'Us sales associates can look up any member's transaction simply by rescanning the shopper's Rewards'R'Us card. All members have to do is remember to scan their card each and every time they shop with 'R'Us.
- Exclusive members-only shopping events, during which they have special access to in-store sales and special offers.
- Diaper Rewards and Formula Rewards, allowing members to earn free diapers and formula when a certain quantity is purchased.
- One free greeting card from American Greetings when five cards are purchased.
- LeapFrog Rewards, providing members the opportunity to receive one free LeapFrog book or game when four are purchased within a 12-month period, with certain exclusions.
- Registry Rewards, which enables baby registrants who are also Rewards'R'Us members to earn rewards for all qualifying purchases friends and family make from their registries. Gift-givers who are Rewards'R'Us members also earn rewards for their purchases.
In addition, throughout the 2011 holiday season, Rewards'R'Us members can participate in various members-only promotions. For example, members can earn a free Skylanders figure when they spend at least US$100 in-store on other Skylanders purchases (while supplies last).
Rewards'R'Us members can visit the programme's web site to register their membership, to keep track of purchases and reward status, to find out about the company's latest promotions and offers, and to view and print out their reward certificates.