Travelocity has launched a VIP travel loyalty programme to provide its most loyal customers with automatic access to a range of perks such as priority customer service, exclusive discounts, and other benefits.
Before the full launch of the VIP programme, the company put the concept to the test by offering VIP status to a small selection of customers in a pilot programme. A survey of the members involved showed that the test group scored significantly higher than the control group in the "highly satisfied" category.
Loyalty programme benefits
VIP status gives the company's most loyal customers a number of benefits, such as:
- A dedicated customer service toll-free telephone line, staffed by seasoned agents specifically educated in VIP benefits;
- VIPs will earn even more Travelocity Points on Travelocity Purchases, including 3 Travelocity Points for every US$1 spent on Flight + Hotel packages, flights, hotels, and Last Minute packages, when they apply and are approved for the Travelocity MasterCard;
- Advance notice of sales and special VIP-only promotions;
- Travel perks such as airport shuttle and car rental discounts;
- Exclusive discounts on GoodBuy hotels, vacation packages and last minute deals (e.g. up to US$100 off Last Minute vacation packages).
According to Travelocity, it could take as few as two purchases to become a VIP because some single reservations can count as two or three qualifying bookings. For example, one GoodBuy Hotel reservation equals two qualifying bookings, and some cruise packages and Flight + Hotel TotalTrip packages equal three qualifying bookings.
According to Jeffrey Glueck, chief marketing officer for Travelocity, "Between our VIP programme and the additional bonus provided by the Travelocity Rewards MasterCard for VIPs, our customers have the flexibility to tailor their travel plans while at the same time cashing in on perks and rewards."
Customers need to make 5 qualifying bookings in a 12-month period to automatically become a VIP member; There are no member fees or member registration processes to go through.