Burger King customers can now earn a free meal by using their Visa credit or cheque card for purchases at more than 7,500 participating Burger King restaurants in the US.
For every ten purchases made during June, July and August 2007, a statement credit will be issued for the amount of a free meal on the customers' Visa card statement (up to US$7.00).
QSRs preferred with a card
According to a recent survey commissioned by Visa, 68% of respondents agree that purchases at Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) like Burger King are faster when using a credit or debit card instead of cash. One in five respondents uses a payment card to pay for QSR purchases and, of these respondents, half use a debit card most often.
Respondents said that:
- Cards allow them to track spending from their account (84%);
- Cards are cleaner than paper money (83%);
- Cards are more convenient than cash or change (82%);
- By using their card, they don't have to plan ahead to have enough cash (82%).
How it works
A Visa cheque or credit cardholder registers his or her card online and, for each ten purchases made at participating Burger King restaurants (using a registered Visa cheque or credit card) during June, July and August 2007, a card statement credit is issued for the amount of the tenth purchase (up to a maximum of US$7.00).
There is no limit to the number of free meals that can be earned during the promotion, and no minimum purchase amount is required.
For additional information:
· Visit Visa at http://www.visa.com
· Visit Burger King at http://www.burgerking.com