The weekly Loyalty Newswire from The Wise Marketer delivers a curated list of the latest news and announcements from around the globe on all topics related to customer loyalty.
- We share news on a spectrum of topics, all with the intention of giving you an “info boost” to start your week.
- The Loyalty Newswire makes it simple for busy professionals (that means YOU) to quickly digest important industry news and to *maybe even* enable you to star in your next big meeting.
To be a “Wise Marketer”, you should subscribe to our weekly Newsletter, sent each week on Friday.
To be a “Wiser Marketer”, you can create a free account here that allows you to save and share your favorite articles as well as gain access to exclusive content and previews of events, promotions, and more.
Thanks for being on this journey with us!
Stay. Loyal. Always.
- Circle K quietly launches Inner Circle Rewards program
- Canadian Tire Corporation and Petro-Canada™ announce new partnership
- Want to experience a Loyalty Academy™ CLMP™ certification workshop without traveling?
- Antavo and CarltonOne Join Forces to Improve Loyalty Program Engagement
- The Loyalty Summit takes place this week - June 14-15 in Washington, DC
- Capillary makes third acquisition in the US; acquires Tenerity’s Digital Connect Assets
- DFPI Issues Action Against Coinbase Citing Staking Rewards Program Violates Securities Law
- New Webinar - Explore the Psychology of Customer Loyalty – June 21
- Smoothie King Chooses Evocalize to Drive Revenue and Loyalty through Local Digital Marketing
- PointsVille Empowers Businesses with New Hyper-Local Commerce and Loyalty Tools
- Evolus Reaches 1 Million Redemptions in its Evolus Rewards™ Patient Loyalty Program
- Two CLMP™ workshops coming up in June / August 2023 – Casablanca and Bengaluru
- Egypt’s Zeal helps merchants to connect with and reward their customers
- Hot Highlights
Circle K quietly launches Inner Circle Rewards program
Circle K, part of Alimentaction Couche Tarde, the second largest convenience retail chain the world according to CSP’s Top 203 list, has quietly launched Inner Circle rewards program. The program is being piloted in specific geographic areas of the US and, because some Wise Marketer staff live in Florida, we noticed the launch of the program at select stores. The program is free to join and offers customers to save 25 cents per gallon of gas in over 400 locations in Florida during this early intro phase. Two tiers of membership offer $.03 and $.05 off per gallon. The higher tier is attained by spending more than $500 on fuel and merchandise in a specified time period. You can read the full Terms and Conditions here.
Canadian Tire Corporation and Petro-Canada™ announce new partnership
Canadian Tire Corporation and Petro-Canada, a Suncor business, announced a new partnership that will enhance the customer experience at their fuel stations across the country. The partnership consists of three core areas that will drive value within CTC's and Petro-Canada's respective networks:
- A partnership between Triangle Rewards, with more than 11 million active members, and Petro-Points™, with more than 3 million active members, will deliver expanded benefits to Canadians. Each company will retain full ownership and control of its respective loyalty program.
- Over 200 of CTC's Gas+ retail fuel network sites will be rebranded to Petro-Canada stations, while maintaining CTC ownership.
- Suncor will become the primary fuel provider to CTC's retail fuel network over time, eventually supplying more than one billion litres of fuel to the Canadian Tire retail fuel station network annually.
Want to experience a Loyalty Academy™ CLMP™ certification workshop without traveling?
If you have considered achieving certification but wondered “what’s the workshop really like?”, here is a video, made fresh from our workshop in Melbourne, Australia, that will give you a first hand look at the experience, with testimonials from executives in the industry who attended. See the full video here.
Antavo and CarltonOne Join Forces to Improve Loyalty Program Engagement
Antavo, the leading Enterprise Loyalty Cloud, and CarltonOne Engagement, the purpose-powered engagement platform with a global rewards fulfilment engine, announced a partnership to help brands drive lasting customer loyalty by boosting their reward experience. The partnership allows Antavo and CarltonOne to deliver full-circle rewards programmes, covering transactional and non-transactional loyalty schemes so that brands can reward their members in a way that is most appropriate to them. The partnership makes CarltonOne the first integrated reward fulfilment partner of Antavo.
The Loyalty Summit takes place this week - June 14-15 in Washington, DC
The Loyalty Summit (known as the place where Loyalty Leaders Meet) is here and begins this week on June 14. It’s not too late for last minute registration. As a media partner of Loyalty Summit, The Wise Marketer is pleased to extend a registration discount to our Newsletter readers. Please use registration code TWM150 to enjoy $150 off general admission.
Capillary makes third acquisition in the US; acquires Tenerity’s Digital Connect Assets
Capillary Technologies, a leading customer loyalty and engagement technology solutions provider, today announced the acquisition of Tenerity’s Digital Connect Assets. Digital Connect will be rebranded to Rewards+ and will be added as the fourth product on the Capillary platform alongside Loyalty+, Engage+, and Insights+. Digital Connect enables companies to engage customers with compelling offers to make their brand memorable every day and, ultimately, generate incremental revenue. With a strong foundation in artificial intelligence and analytics, Digital Connect (now Rewards+) drives profitable loyalty by bridging engagement and monetization.
DFPI Issues Action Against Coinbase Citing Staking Rewards Program Violates Securities Law
The California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI) announced it has issued an action against Coinbase Global, Inc. and Coinbase, Inc. for violations of securities laws and corresponding penalties in connection with Coinbase’s staking rewards program. Under Coinbase’s staking rewards program, investors deposit crypto assets with Coinbase, which then facilitates the staking of these assets on the blockchain. The program is offered to the public and advertises a return of up to 6 percent on investments. Coinbase pools investors’ crypto assets and employs a team of engineers to operate staking validator nodes to generate staking rewards. Coinbase takes a cut of those profits before sharing them with investors. Read more here.
New Webinar - Explore the Psychology of Customer Loyalty – June 21
Did you ever stop to think that much of what we consider to be “best practices” in Loyalty Marketing is based on tribal knowledge? Maybe so in the past, but we can now link principles of human behavior theory to these best practices to understand more about “why people buy.” This new webinar, co-created by Comarch and The Wise Marketer, will share pillars of behavior psychology that tie to customer purchase behavior and match some of the hottest trends today to these principles. Join our panel of experts on June 21 to learn how to create moments of magic in retail. More information and registration are available here.
Smoothie King Chooses Evocalize to Drive Revenue and Loyalty through Local Digital Marketing
With Evocalize's Collaborative Marketing Platform, Smoothie King will be able to optimize local marketing spend across Google Search, Google Display Network, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Gmail, and YouTube. Their franchise network will benefit from EVOLVE technology, real-time data for automation and machine learning algorithms to optimize performance across multiple ad platforms, ensuring that their messages are seen by the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
PointsVille Empowers Businesses with New Hyper-Local Commerce and Loyalty Tools
PointsVille offers a full-service gamified loyalty and fan engagement platform that enriches fan and visitor experiences through its immersive loyalty wallet, augmented reality (AR) experiences, exclusive rewards, and an easy-to-navigate loyalty management system. The company announced new search-based geo-location targeting features, unlocking hyper-local commerce for businesses and empowering businesses to create rewards, incentives and promotions around specific geo-locations for specific time periods.
Evolus Reaches 1 Million Redemptions in its Evolus Rewards™ Patient Loyalty Program
Evolus, Inc. (NASDAQ: EOLS), a performance beauty company with a focus on building an aesthetic portfolio of consumer brands, announced it recently completed the one-millionth Jeuveau® redemption through its Evolus Rewards™ patient loyalty program. Since launch, 600,000 patients have enrolled in Evolus Rewards™ with the majority returning for a repeat treatment. Importantly, more than half of Evolus Rewards™ patients are millennials or younger, a number that represents the future of the aesthetics industry and a highly desirable demographic that providers want to attract as they continue to grow their businesses.
Two CLMP™ workshops coming up in June / August 2023 – Casablanca and Bengaluru
The Loyalty Academy™ is bringing its unique program guided by independent governance and oversight to two new locations this summer. Remember there is only one professional certification for Loyalty Marketers in the world and that is the Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ offered by The Loyalty Academy™.
- The first ever Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ (CLMP) workshop in Casablanca, Morocco will take place on 20 – 23, June. Working with Platinum sponsor 2WLS, Aaron Dauphinee will lead the instructor group. All information including registration can be found here.
- The Loyalty Academy™ returns to India on 2-4 August 2023, with a CLMP™ workshop in Bengaluru hosted with Strategic Caravan. You can count on a lively slate of interactive exercises, discussion, and networking as only the Loyalty Academy can deliver. Check out the agenda and register here.
Egypt’s Zeal helps merchants to connect with and reward their customers
Every time a card transaction is made on a POS terminal, merchants lose a chance to identify and retain their customers. POS terminals were built to process payments, not to identify, or retain customers. But Egyptian startup Zeal has come up with a fix. Founded in 2020, Zeal has developed middleware that integrates on POS terminals worldwide via either Linux or Android to analyse, reward, and enable merchants to reach back to their paying customers. Customers are also able to track their payments and loyalty points via Zeal, a consumer-facing app. Zeal addresses the gap in the market where merchants lose a chance to identify and retain their customers every time a card transaction is made on a POS terminal,” founder and CEO Omar Ebeid told Disrupt Africa.
- During the first quarter of the year, 32% of all new CEOs were women…which is an all-time high!
- Want to know the Top 202 Convenience retailers, as ranked by CSP Magazine? Here’s the list.
- 42% of Spaniards say they use their cell phones to pay for their purchases
- springbig Launches Loyalty Integration with Cova
- What is the biggest offer-related challenges for Loyalty professionals? Find out here.
- The Global Loyalty Management Market report from Global Insight Services says it is the single authoritative source of intelligence on Loyalty Management Markets. At $4,750 for a single user license, is this report value for money?