The weekly Loyalty Newswire from The Wise Marketer delivers a curated list of the latest news and announcements from around the globe on all topics related to customer loyalty.
- We share news on a spectrum of topics, all with the intention of giving you an “info boost” to start your week.
- The Loyalty Newswire makes it simple for busy professionals (that means YOU) to quickly digest important industry news and to *maybe even* enable you to star in your next big meeting.
To be a “Wise Marketer”, you should subscribe to our weekly Newsletter, sent each week on Friday.
To be a “Wiser Marketer”, you can create a free account here that allows you to save and share your favorite articles as well as gain access to exclusive content and previews of events, promotions, and more.
Thanks for being on this journey with us!
Stay. Loyal. Always.
- Capillary raises $45mn from Avataar Ventures and its LPs
- Join The Wise Marketer in Chicago for CRMC in just 2 Days
- Panda Express Launches First Points-Based Rewards Program
- The Loyalty Summit takes place June 14-15 in Washington, DC
- MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes launches updated rewards app
- New Webinar - Explore the Psychology of Customer Loyalty – June 21
- KOA Rewards receives award for newly redesigned loyalty program
- New Workshop Video Released for Loyalty Academy™ CLMP™ certification workshop in Melbourne
- Two CLMP™ workshops coming up in June / August 2023 – Casablanca and Bengaluru
- Hot Highlights
Capillary raises $45mn from Avataar Ventures and its LPs
Capillary Technologies announced June 1 the successful closure of its Series D funding round. The company has raised $45mn million from a consortium of global investors- Avataar Ventures along with its LPs (Pantheon, 57Stars, and Unigestion), Filter Capital, and Innoven Capital. The funds raised through the Series D funding will play a pivotal role in driving Capillary Technologies' global expansion efforts and supporting its mergers and acquisitions strategy. Founded in 2012, Capillary Technologies has a presence across the United States, India, the Middle East, and Asia, in particular, Southeast Asia. Capillary works with 250+ brands including the likes of Tata, PUMA, Shell, Al-Futtaim, Petron, Domino’s, Kanmo Group, and Marks & Spencer.
Join The Wise Marketer in Chicago for CRMC in just 2 Days
The annual CRMC event begins this week on June 7. The Wise Marketer’s Aaron Dauphinee and Dave Thompson will be at the event and are interested to connect with any and all Newsletter readers attending. Our team will be covering all the great content presented at CRMC and conducting brand interviews with speakers and sponsors. There is still time to register here.
Panda Express Launches First Points-Based Rewards Program
Panda Express, the largest family-owned and operated Asian dining concept in the U.S., announced the launch of Panda Rewards, its first points-based national rewards program. Panda Rewards utilizes a personalized points-based system that rewards members with ten Panda Points for every dollar spent on qualifying purchases. "Sharing good fortune is an important value at Panda, and we are delighted to launch our first rewards program nationwide as a heartfelt expression of gratitude towards our loyal guests for their continued support throughout the years," says Andrea Cherng, Chief Brand Officer at Panda Express.
The Loyalty Summit takes place June 14-15 in Washington, DC
After a highly successful conference in Zurich, Switzerland during March, the Loyalty Summit (known as the place where Loyalty Leaders Meet) moves to Washington, DC. on June 14 – 15. As a media partner of Loyalty Summit, The Wise Marketer is pleased to extend a registration discount to our Newsletter readers. Please use registration code TWM150 to enjoy $150 off general admission. See you in Washington NEXT WEEK!
MOOYAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes launches updated rewards app
MOOYAH, the 90-plus-unit better burger franchise, launched an updated rewards app on May 8th, rolling out a new loyalty framework and improved ordering experience. The relaunch of the MOOYAH app is one of many steps in the company’s ongoing effort to enhance its guests’ experience and continue to drive loyalty. Key updates within the app and loyalty structure include a switch from a straightforward banked dollars system to an accrual structure that allows guests to unlock free menu items in exchange for earned points.
New Webinar - Explore the Psychology of Customer Loyalty – June 21
Did you ever stop to think that much of what we consider to be “best practices” in Loyalty Marketing is based on tribal knowledge? Maybe so in the past, but we can now link principles of human behavior theory to these best practices to understand more about “why people buy.” This new webinar, co-created by Comarch and The Wise Marketer, will share pillars of behavior psychology that tie to customer purchase behavior and match some of the hottest trends today to these principles. Join our panel of experts on June 21 to learn how to create moments of magic in retail. More information and registration are available here.
KOA Rewards receives award for newly redesigned loyalty program
Since 1962, Kampgrounds of America (KOA) has been the place to create unforgettable moments – relaxing with family or friends, enjoying the great outdoors or gathering around a campfire. Now with over 500 locations throughout the United States and Canada, KOA features amenities beyond standard campsites, such as cabins, pools, and more. Due to its franchised business model, each campsite is unique while leveraging commonalities to all KOAs. One of those commonalities is the KOA Rewards Program, part of the glue that creates a top-shelf camping experience. KOA Rewards was recently recognized for their newly redesigned program with two awards by Loyalty360. KOA Rewards won silver for Offer, Incentive, and Reward Design and bronze for Corporate Social Responsibility and Loyalty. “It’s an honor to be acknowledged for our work on KOA Rewards,” said Diane Eichler, senior vice president of marketing for Kampgrounds of America, Inc. “Over decades, we’ve listened to our campers and refined KOA Rewards to create a program that not only saves campers money, but also brings them value on and off the campground. To be recognized among some of the top brands in the world is a real testament to our work.”
New Workshop Video Released for Loyalty Academy™ CLMP™ certification workshop in Melbourne
To advance your career in customer loyalty, you have undoubtedly thought about furthering your education in best practices, current trends, and individual hot topics. That is exactly what the Loyalty Academy™ CLMP™ workshops are meant to deliver. This is not training, but full certification from the most experienced practitioner group in the industry. If you have considered achieving certification but wondered “what’s the workshop really like?”, here is a video, made fresh from our workshop in Melbourne, Australia, that will give you a first hand look at the experience, with testimonials from executives in the industry who attended.
Two CLMP™ workshops coming up in June / August 2023 – Casablanca and Bengaluru
The Loyalty Academy™ is bringing its unique program guided by independent governance and oversight to two new locations this summer. Remember there is only one professional certification for Loyalty Marketers in the world and that is the Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ offered by The Loyalty Academy™.
- The first ever Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ (CLMP) workshop in Casablanca, Morocco will take place on 20 – 23, June. Working with Platinum sponsor 2WLS, Aaron Dauphinee will lead the instructor group. All information including registration can be found here.
- The Loyalty Academy™ returns to India on 2-4 August 2023, with a CLMP™ workshop in Bengaluru hosted with Strategic Caravan. You can count on a lively slate of interactive exercises, discussion, and networking as only the Loyalty Academy can deliver. Check out the agenda and register here.
- McKinsey estimated that before the pandemic, the profits from the approximately 12% of passengers flying on work trips.
- Business travel’s recovery now looks to have plateaued at about 20 to 30 percent below prepandemic levels, according to figures from Airlines Reporting Corp., which processes tickets sold through travel agencies.
- BMO takeover of Air Miles now official
- Best Western Rewards® is running a big summer promotion. Starting from May 22, 2023, until September 4, 2023, members who stay for two nights will receive a $50 Best Western gift card. Members can participate twice, earning up to $100 in Best Western gift cards throughout the duration of the promotion.
- Antavo released a new position paper “How to Prevent Customers from Sitting on Their Loyalty Points"
- Grocery retailer Aldi has rolled out Aldi Express, a new Instacart-powered online presence that it is positioning and promoting as a “virtual convenience store.” Delivery is now available to customers from more than 2,100 Aldi locations across the country in as fast as 30 minutes.
- New webinar from Paytronix “Why C-Stores Need to Master Mobile Apps and How Yatco Met the Challenge”
- Amazon has been talking with wireless carriers about offering low-cost or possibly free nationwide mobile phone service to Prime subscribers, according to people familiar with the situation.