This Week's News
The weekly Loyalty Newswire from The Wise Marketer delivers a curated list of the latest news and announcements from around the globe on all topics related to customer loyalty. We share news on a spectrum of topics, all with the intention of giving you an “info boost” to start your week.
The Loyalty Newswire makes it simple for busy professionals (that means YOU) to quickly digest important industry news and to *maybe even* enable you to star in your next big meeting.
To be a “Wise Marketer”, you should subscribe to our weekly Newsletter, sent each week on Friday.
To be a “Wiser Marketer”, you can create a free account here that allows you to save and share your favorite articles as well as gain access to exclusive content and previews of events, promotions, and more.
Thanks for being on this journey with us!
Stay. Loyal. Always.
- DOMINO'S® Loyalty Program Just Became More Rewarding
- Delta Air Lines will Restrict Access to its Sky Club Airport Lounges as it Faces Overcrowding
- You could WIN a Loyalty Academy™ Scholarship in Celebration of 4 years of Let’s Talk Loyalty
- Vrbo has a Loyalty Program as Part of Expedia’s One Key program. Will Airbnb Respond?
- Data and Web Security are Key to Maintaining Customer Engagement
- Loyalty Science Lab Benchmarking Survey Inviting YOUR Participation
- LBS Group (Malaysia) Unveils New Customer Loyalty Program
- Ila Bank (Bahrain) Launches New Credit Card Rewards Program using Mastercard PwR Platform
- Don’t Miss the Fall Scramble at the Wise Marketer
- What do Data Clean Rooms Mean to Marketers?
- The BIG Handshake - Loyalty set for Amsterdam on 16th and 17th October '23
- You are Invited to Contribute to Antavo’s Global Customer Loyalty Survey 2024
- Short News Takes
- Career Opportunities and Jobs in Loyalty Marketing
DOMINO'S® Loyalty Program Just Became More Rewarding
Domino’s announced a refreshment of its loyalty program, highlighting the following benefits for its members:
- Customers can earn points for less - Loyalty members will now earn 10 points on every order of $5 or more
- Customers can redeem points for more menu items and earn free Domino's after just two orders
- Members will have exclusive access to member-only deals, special discounts, and opportunities to earn bonus points
In the company’s press release, Mark Messing, Domino's vice president of digital experience and loyalty, said "At a time when most brands are scaling back their loyalty programs and making it more difficult to earn and redeem points, Domino's is doing the opposite. We want to make it easier to reward our customers and give them more options so they can get rewarded faster."
Delta Air Lines will Restrict Access to its Sky Club Airport Lounges as it Faces Overcrowding
The Atlanta-based airline said it plans to cap the number of entries to its Sky Clubs starting Feb. 1, 2025 for holders of the American Express Platinum Card as well as the Delta Reserve American Express Card. Those holding the Platinum Card will be allowed six visits per year, while the Delta Reserve Card holders will get 10 annual visits. Those who book a basic economy ticket will no longer be allowed in Delta’s lounges starting Jan. 1, 2024, regardless if they carry a Platinum Card or any other premium credit card. Read the full announcement here. At the same time, the airline announced that it had appointed multiple Super Bowl-winning quarterback Tom Brady as a “long-term strategic adviser.” If you were a frequent flyer, which of these announcements means more to you?
You could WIN a Loyalty Academy™ scholarship in celebration of 4 years of Let’s Talk Loyalty
The Loyalty Academy™ and Let’s Talk Loyalty are joining up for a big celebration to honor the fourth anniversary of “Let’s Talk Loyalty”. Let’s Talk Loyalty is the loyalty industry’s leading podcast, ranked in the top 3% of all global podcasts, with over 400 episodes published to learn from!
You can enter to win one of these four FREE Loyalty Academy Scholarships to earn your Certified Loyalty Marketing Professional™ certification here. The CLMP™ On Demand course is valued at $2,000 and winners can earn this respected global loyalty certification at their own time, pace, and progress from anywhere in the world. The LTL scholarship contest has been extended by one week and there is still time to enter before the drawing on September 24.
Vrbo has a loyalty program as part of Expedia’s One Key program. Will Airbnb respond?
Expedia recently launched OneKey, a loyalty program that spans across multiple brands. Members can earn OneKeyCash and spend it when booking with Expedia, Hotels.com, and Vrbo. People who have accumulated value in the programs operated by Expedia and Hotels.com can convert any available Expedia Rewards points and Hotels.com rewards stamps and rewards nights into OneKeyCash.
A spokesperson told this reporter that “Vrbo is also the first major online vacation rental platform to offer a rewards program, So this is a game-changer for the industry.” The launch of OneKey begs the question of whether Vrbo’s main competitor, Airbnb will explore the opportunities to launch its own program. If so, it might be an opportunity to succeed as a fast follower.
Data and Web Security are key to maintaining customer engagement
To punctuate the importance of operations to customer loyalty success, consider data security and website stability as key focus areas
Caesars Entertainment joins MGM Resorts International as victim of cyberattack
After the news that MGM Resorts, the largest casino company in Las Vegas, was the target of a cyberattack discovered on September 11, Caesars Entertainment reported in a filing with the Security and Exchange Commission on 14 September that it recently discovered suspicious activity following an attack on an outsourced support vendor used by the company.
The parent company of Harrah’s Gulf Coast said it determined the attacker got a copy of the company’s loyalty program database. Caesars has one of the largest customer databases of any casino company. Caesars said its casinos and online gambling program were not impacted, but the attack may have exposed customers’ driver’s license numbers and social security numbers.
Website crashes lead to customer dis-engagement
A study by Thinkwithgoogle found that 53% of mobile site visits are abandoned if pages take longer than 3 seconds to load. Furthermore, other reports show that website crashes can potentially cost companies millions of dollars in lost sales. Overall, website crashes can have a significant impact on customer loyalty and brand reputation. Read more here.
Loyalty Science Lab benchmarking survey inviting YOUR participation
The Loyalty Science Lab is developing a global benchmarking survey and invites loyalty program managers worldwide to participate. The study will be administered by the Loyalty Science Lab and is presented by Epsilon and the Customer Strategy Network. The survey includes questions needed to calculate program performance metrics on financial, member, and program health that will be filtered by program type such as points, punch-card, and subscription. The study is now open, and you can participate through this link.
LBS group (Malaysia) unveils new customer loyalty program
Developer LBS Bina Group Berhad (LBS) has introduced its LBS Perks and Plusses customer loyalty program, to reward homebuyers. The program is partner driven and aims to revolutionize the home buying experience by providing benefits and rewards that extend beyond the initial purchase. LBS executive chairman Tan Sri Lim Hock San commented in this article “At LBS, we understand the significance of customer loyalty, and our commitment to excellence drives us to create exceptional residential spaces that inspire and elevate lifestyles. With LBS Perks and Plusses, we seek to strengthen our bond with homebuyers by offering a range of exclusive advantages and unique incentives.”
Ila Bank (Bahrain) launches new credit card rewards program using Mastercard PwR platform
ila Bank, the digital mobile-only bank powered by Bank ABC, has unveiled a new credit card rewards program, ‘ila Rewards,’ powered by Mastercard’s PwR platform. The customizable rewards program enables customers to redeem rewards in a seamless and instant way through the ila Bank application. ila Bank is the first bank in Bahrain to utilize Mastercard’s PwR service and the first issuer in MENA to proceed with full in-app integration to offer credit card holders a personalized end-to-end digital experience journey.
ila Rewards offers customers various reward options: airline miles, cashback or ila tokens. Customers can choose the program they would like to join and are free to switch between programs to meet their changing lifestyle needs. When enrolling into the airline miles program, all purchases are automatically converted into airline miles and credited into the customer’s frequent flyer program with either Gulf Air’s ‘Falconflyer’ or Turkish Airlines’ ‘Miles & Smiles’ program.
Don’t miss the Fall Scramble at the Wise Marketer
We’re a small team, but we are nimble. Both Wise Marketer and Loyalty Academy are on the road this fall. Here are several events you should consider attending. We’ll be there to welcome you … and the first round is on us!
- The Loyalty Academy™ and Zenith Marketing are hosting the first CLMP™ workshop in the UK this week! The workshop begins on 19 September in London - That's TOMORROW. Epsilon is the Platinum sponsor for the event. You can still register here.
- The Wise Marketer is pleased to announce our exclusive Media Sponsorship with Loyalty Summit Europe, the premiere conference for travel loyalty marketers. It's not too late to attend Loyalty Summit on 21 September at the Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars—when you register, use the promo code SAVE100 for $100 off the registration fee.
- Loyalty education is back in Canada as Loyalty Academy is hosting the Certified Loyalty Marketing (CLMP™) workshop in Toronto on Oct 17 - 19. Gamification powerhouse PUG Interactive is a Gold Sponsor. Register here by Sept 30 to secure our early bird rate!
- The Big Handshake is brought to you from the Gift Club and The Loyalty People. It will be happening in Amsterdam 16-17 October and will be a premier event in Europe this fall.
- We’ll also be taking part in the CO-BRAND & TRAVEL REWARDS 2023 event in Wilmington, Delaware on 18-19 October.
- FTE is hosting the first Loyalty Summit CXM 2023 on 15-16 November 2023 in Los Angeles, CA. Once again, WMG is the exclusive Media Partner for the event and will be in attendance.
What do Data Clean Rooms mean to Marketers?
Data “clean rooms” are defined as secure, cloud-based solutions designed to allow companies to integrate customer information without exchanging personally identifiable information, in compliance with modern data privacy regulations. As technology evolves, brands, agencies, media companies, and tech platforms are racing to create or implement their own data clean room solutions.
As clean rooms change the information-sharing dynamics in the advertising landscape, marketers may also gain more control over campaign measurement and greater insight into ad performance. Historically, brands have relied on ad sellers or third-party intermediaries to assign value to ads and to share outcomes. Read more here about what this could mean to your business.
The BIG Handshake - Loyalty set for Amsterdam on 16th and 17th October '23
The Gift Club and The Loyalty People are hosting "The BIG Handshake - Loyalty'' in Amsterdam on 16th and 17th October. Loyalty Practitioners, Heads of Loyalty and Retention and Engagement personnel from all over the world will come together for a meeting of minds to learn and network through workshops, panels, and debates. Join THE loyalty event that you definitely need to shake hands with.
You are invited to contribute to Antavo’s Global Customer Loyalty Survey 2024
Hear the calling! Antavo’s annual customer loyalty survey is open, and you can submit your responses any time before September 29. The survey gathers valuable industry insights and yields information on the hottest loyalty trends, including micro-targeting in the industry, popular reward types and paid loyalty programs. Complete the 4-minute survey by September 29th and receive your advanced copy!
Start the survey here: https://eu1.hubs.ly/H057Mz20
Short News Takes
- Havelock business owner launches rewards program to celebrate students' extracurricular achievements
- Recreating Disney’s Walk-Through-Fire Customer Loyalty in the Healthcare Sector
- White Label Loyalty has a quick question for you — what do a dog, a diamond and card linking technology have in common? Find out here.
- Pointspay, a LoyLogic brand unveiled ‘MarPay’, their trademarked marketing, loyalty & payments solution utilised only by the Pointspay platform.
Career Opportunities and Jobs in Loyalty Marketing
We’ve gathered some interesting career opportunities across the Loyalty Marketing industry. We share here a partial list of all that is on our desk and there are some great brands represented. To learn more and express your interest, please click through the individual links below.
We also have a curated short list of executive level resources and other professionals who are available to support your team. If you are interested in connecting with anyone on the list, please email Bill Hanfin. All inquiries are managed in a confidential manner.
- Comarch - Loyalty Program Manager
- Kobie Marketing - Director of Business Development
- Hilton - Manager, Marketing & Loyalty Strategy & Planning
- LA Clippers - Loyalty Marketing Manager
- Dollar Tree - Director, Loyalty & Personalization
- Albertsons Companies - Manager, Loyalty Programs Partnerships
- Citgo Petroleum Corporation - Manager, Loyalty Programs
- FanDuel - Customer Marketing Director, Casino Loyalty
- Eureka! Restaurant Group - Loyalty Marketing Manager
- The Hertz Corporation - Director, Loyalty
- FIS Global - Loyalty Business Analyst II
- Carnival Corporation - Loyalty Operations Specialist (Hybrid)