This is Part 2 to our previous discussion with Richard Jones, CMO Cheetah Digital. Part 1 was a massive knowledge dump about the incredible innovation in loyalty software, data stewardship, zero-party data, and how loyalty is playing a major role in this next generation of marketing strategies. Part 2 (note: also no shortage of knowledge dumped) continues the conversation; here are some of the key topics discussed:
- Forrester’s zero-party data initiative (and how it’s different from first-party data)
- How an archery company turned into a data company
- How tracking cookies are disrupting adtech/martech and how they will be used in this new data-sensitive landscape
- More discussions around the balancing scale of marketer and consumer transparency
- The value exchange for the consumer
- Building a relationship with your customer to create “loyalty”
- How Cheetah is using technology to optimize customer data repositories to create loyal customers
- 00:13 Forrester’s zero-party data and Amazon’s personalization
- 03:20 Zero-party data versus first-party data
- 04:16 Bowtech Archery: an exemplar of data management and usage
- 07:40 Tracking cookies disrupting martech and adtech
- 09:46 Procter & Gamble
- 11:31 Marketer and consumer transparency
- 12:33 Value exchange for the consumer
- 16:40 Where does Cheetah Digital fit in the value chain?
If you haven’t heard of Cheetah Digital, they are the world’s largest independent enterprise cross-channel marketing technology company. They work with many of the world’s best brands including Williams-Sonoma, American Express, and Hilton. They help marketers drive revenue, build lasting customer relationships, and deliver a unique value exchange throughout the entire customer lifecycle. They are “dedicated to marketers“.
We previously interviewed Judd Marcello, EVP of Global Marketing at Cheetah Digital, back in August 2019 after they acquired Wayin who was a global leader in zero-party data collection and activation. Give it a listen if you’re interested in another candid, thought provoking, and informative discussion about zero-party data and creating software that drives loyal customers.